Google+ (aka Google Plus and G+) is all the rage. The Google+ social network is getting tested, talked about and turned on every day with new tips, tricks and tools.
After you read more about Google+ and start using it, try some of the stuff listed below to help you get the most out of Google+.
Here are 13+ tips, tricks and techniques to help you make your way around Google+ and start using it effectively.
2. Use the Google Search Command – Thanks to Chris Brogan for reminding us how to use this Google search command to find interesting people on Google+ in niches or industries we’re interested in:
So for the term “marketing”, the search command would look like this: site:plus.google.com marketing
3. Improve Your Google+ Stream Display – If you’re using Google’s Chrome browser, try G+me to collapse the Google+ stream into a real-time dashboard for a cleaner display:
4. Follow The Rules of The Road – Here’s some good discussion on Google+ Etiquette.
5. Become a Share Master – Here’s another Google Chrome extension called Extended Share for Google Plus that allows you to share what you’re posting to Google+ on your Facebook, LinkedIn, tumbler and Twitter accounts.
6. Meet New People – And another Chrome extension called Google Plus Directory that allow to meet new people, make new friend circles, and choose from over 200.000 Google Plus profiles.
7. Presenting Google+ – Need to do a Google+ presentation or just want a template that resembles Google+ theme? Here it is.
8. Read All About It – The Google+ Startup Guide by Saidur (“Cy”) Hossain.
9. Read the ToS – An artist’s rendering of the Google+ Terms of Service, illustrated.
10. Do I Annoy You? – An article on How to Hide From Annoying People on Google+.
11. Show My Circles – Another Google Chrome extension, called Plus Minus, lets you select which Google Circles show up in your Google+ Stream. It also allows you to easily mark individual or all posts as read, offers a wide-screen view so you can see more content without scrolling, and loads more posts automatically as you scroll down. Sweet.
12. Make It Flow – This Google Chrome extension called Usability Boost for Google Plus will help you visualize the flow of information on Google Plus.
13. Over To You – Now it’s your turn. What have you found cool, necessary or just plain fun for Google+? Add your suggestion in the comments below.
Okay, I’ll add one more. To keep an eye on the new Google Chrome extensions, apps, themes, etc. for Google+, visit the Chrome Web Store and search on Google+, G+, or ”Google Plus”.
Also, here’s one one more, the Google+ WordPress Plugin that displays your “googleCard” in your WordPress sidebar.
That’s it. Circle Me on Google+. I’ll be lookin’ for ya’.