Now, I know some folks might have given up on Adsense but with Cary’s recent sale of one of his Adsense sites, there’s proof that “it still works”.
Cary sold his School Grants site for $80,000.00 at Flippa.com. Flippa is a site for buying and selling websites.
I was lucky enough to grab some of Cary’s time to talk with him about making money with Adsense and related topics. I was also lucky enough to view an early copy of his report.
Cary has also been interviewed by eTycoon.net where he talks about the sale of his School Grants site. So make sure you check that interview out as well to get a more complete picture of how Cary makes money with Adsense.
Here’s the 32 minute interview. You can listen to it here on my blog or download it as an mp3 and listen to it using your mp3 player.
One caveat: I’m not a professional interviewer!! 🙂
Download the MP3 [32 minutes]
Here are some of the questions I asked during the interview as well as questions that are answered in the report.
- When did you get started with IM (Internet Marketing) using Adsense?
- Had you done any other IM before using Adsense?
- How long had you been on the Internet before getting into IM?
- How did you make your first dollar online?
- Was there ever an “Ah Ha” moment or moments that indicated to you that you were on the right track, doing the right thing to get your IM sites to make money?
- Was there ever a moment that you went, “Oh shit I can’t do this anymore, I can’t make money at this?”
- Who influenced you as an IM?
- How many IM sites are you running?
- How long did you do everything yourself, if you did do everything yourself when you started out in IM?
- How many of your IM sites are making more than $100.00 a month, $500.00 a month, $1,000.00 a month, etc.?
- How many sites have you started and then closed down because they didn’t do what you wanted them to do?
- Knowing what you know about IM and Adsense, if you had to start over from scratch, what 1, 2 or 3 things would you focus on?
- Is there anything related to the work you’ve done to learn IM that you feel like saying, “I wish I wouldn’t have spent so much time on…”
- What would you tell beginning IMers NOT to spend time on?
- Have you ever made money online with a blogger blog (blogspot.com)?
- Do you use free blogging sites like wordpress.com, blogspot.com, posterous, etc., to create backlinks?
- You’ve written a lot of articles on ezine. Do you recommend article marketing/directories for backlinks?
- Any rules you’d like to share like, “I only look at niches that have more than 1,000 searches a month and no more than x a month, etc.”
- Are there any tips, tricks you’d like to share in this interview?
- Did you have a schedule every day when doing your IM?
- Did you have a “normal” day job when you started IM?
- Do you use Google Keyword Search Tool?
- Do you use any 3rd party IM tool for keyword research, etc.?
- Are there any measurements about a niche that you’d like to share, that indicates to you, not to try that niche?
- When did you start outsourcing and what was it that you started outsourcing?
- What’s the future for IM’er Cary Bergeron? Special projects for 2010, 2011, etc.?
What’s in the report? Well besides answering some of the questions above, here’s a few items you’ll learn about in the report:
- 10 Thngs You Must Do To Make Money with Google Adsense Sites
- Wicked Awesome Tip for Getting High Quality Links Daily
- Cary’s Ninja SEO Tips
- Super Awesome Tip for Getting Repeat Visitors
- Website Design for 20%+ CTR (Click-Thru-Rate)
- Tools & Website Cary’s Uses on a Daily Basis
- Worksheet – This is not under-rated. A lot of folks need a path, guidance on how to start and stay on track. Well, the worksheet section of the report is absolutely necessary reading. Why? Because it gives you a clear path/plan to headed in the right direction with making money online with Google Adsense.
The Adsense Report is geared for folks who have online experience. It’s another way to make money online. It’s not a get rich quick scheme either. It will require putting time in for the long-term to get the results. It’s also based around creating quality content that will grow organically in the search engines.
In my interview with Cary, he talks about how he made time to create Adsense sites while having a family and working a day job. That’s a feat in and of itself.
You’ll learn the criteria that Cary uses to decide on whether a niche or keyword phrases might pan out for a good Adsense site.
He’ll also explains his technique to get visitors to come back and click on the Adsense on your website.
There’s tools galore in the report that you can start using for free to get going on keyword research as well as researching the competition.
One of the best sections I like is the Worksheet section. Cary lays out the schedule for exactly what you need to do to make your sites successful.
The only downside to the report that I can see is that it is not for beginners. Cary tells you that in the beginning of the report that he’s not going to teach how to setup a website or use ftp, etc.
Now the upside to that downside is that Cary or someone could start a “pay for” forum where people could learn the details of setting up Adsense sites as well as become part of a supportive community while building Adsense sites.
Want the report? Go get it at The Adsense Report.
Don’t want to use Adsense? You can still benefit from the report because it provides tips, tricks and techniques on how to build traffic to your website or blog.