Want to create you own social networking site? One site I found is SocialGO and it allows you to create a full-featured social networking site for free.
After starting to research these type of “create your own social networking sites”, I discovered that’s there’s quite a few of them.
So, what’s the best place to start? Check out Jeremiah Owyang’s 2007 article List of “White Label” or “Private Label” (Applications you can Rebrand) Social Networking Platforms, Community Platforms which lists quite a few sites as well as lot of valueable info in the comments about other sites as well. Well it’s been updated on his new post Forrester Wave Report: The Leaders in Community Platforms for Marketers (Part 4/4).
Here are 9 enterprise-level social networking products that rose to the top from Jeremiah’s report:
1. Jive Software – http://www.jivesoftware.com/
2. Telligent – http://telligent.com/
3. KickApps – http://www.kickapps.com/
4. Pluck – http://www.pluck.com/
5. Awareness – http://www.awarenessnetworks.com/home/
6. Lithium – http://www.lithium.com/
7. Mzinga – http://www.mzinga.com/
8. LiveWorld – http://www.liveworld.com/
9. Leverage Software – http://www.leveragesoftware.com/
Although the products above are enterprise-level platforms, there are plenty of other sites to check out in his article List of “White Label” or “Private Label” (Applications you can Rebrand) Social Networking Platforms, Community Platforms.
Here are a couple podcast links on YouTube with Jeremiah Owyang:
New to Social Networking? Here’s a video on Social Networking in Plain English by the Common Craft folks.
Subscribe to my blog for more discussion on Social Networking.