- The graphic arts team puts together a general layout, saving the document to an online storage site.
- Each member of the graphic arts team works on the document in turn, as each person completes their part of the design work (e.g. layout, images, graphics, etc). “Dummy” text is inserted as a placeholder.
- From there, the copywriter opens the document and inserts the appropriate text in the appropriate places.
- The design team is able to then review the document, and make an adjustments based on text layout.
- The salesperson or customer liaison can access the document throughout this process, and offer input based on customer suggestions.
- The final product can even be provided to the client via online storage, which can be especially useful in the case of larger files.
This is a much more streamlined process than emailing the document back and forth until the team finally gets it right. You have built-in change management and quality control, simply by choosing the online storage medium.
Plenty of Options
If you need more advanced collaboration options, there are online storage services that offer that as well. Some integrate project management functionality, for example. Others allow advanced security options to address compliance and legal concerns.
A team’s effectiveness can be limited by their choice of tools While the right tools don’t guarantee a team’s success, the right tools can greatly increase efficiency, saving you time, frustration, and even money.
About the Author: Eric Greenwood is a technophile whose interests include all things cloud from software as a service to online storage. Get more tips and advice by going to the blog Online Storage!