In this post I’m listing some of the stuff that’s on my Windows XP machine at the moment that I use regularly in my daily work. Maybe there’s something new here that might benefit you in some way.
1. Flock – Flock is a social web browser that brings all your social site into one browser. You can also install most Firefox add-ons in Flock as well. Some of the add-ons I use include:
- Delicious Toolbar – So I can bookmark great content.
- StumbleUpon Toolbar – So I can Stumble randomly or specific categories of websites. There are quite a few ways to Stumble around the interwebz.
- Web Developer Toolbar – So I can view the technical details of websites I visit and to troubleshoot my own.
- Firebug – allows me to view various aspects of a web page in detail and very organized.
- Google Notebook – Allows me to right-click on a page and save it to my Google Notebook.
- Screegrab! – Allows me to save a picture of the screen to memory or disk.
- SEO for Firefox – 3 letters reside in your browser’s status bar – SEO. Click it on and off to provide various SEO information for the pages you browse as well as search results pages.
- I also use different browsers including Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
2. Audacity – Audacity allows me to record streaming audio. Sites that don’t offer mp3 downloads. This is mostly voice, lecture type audio.
3. Comment Sniper – Comment Sniper allows me to be notified when some of the blog I read post a new blog post. This allows me to comment quickly on those site and possibly get to the top of the comments list. This helps with readers on other blogs to click on my profile and end up at my blog.
4. Filezilla – This is a free FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program that allows me to transfers files from my PC to my web host’s server.
5. Paint.NET – I use Paint.NET constantly to work with images. It’s free and offers quite a bit of functionality to get the job done.
6. HTML-Kit – HTML-Kit is a free HTML editor but also formats and allows you to work with CSS as well as PHP and many other languages.
7. TweetDeck – The infamous TweetDeck is the killer client of choice for interacting with Twitter.
8. ZoneAlarm Free – ZoneAlarm is the premier software firewall engine for your Windows XP machine.
9. AVG Anti-Virus - AVG is an anti-virus protection software and best of all it’s free. Works great!!
10. Spybot Search & Destory – S&D is an anti-spyware program that monitors the activity of your PC notifying you of registry changes and more.
11. Process Explorer – Process Explorer allows me to dig into the memory where all those processes are running and trouble shoot any bad situations. I also use other Sysinternals tools that allow me to monitor what’s going on with what programs are writing to disk and the network tools that allows me to view what connecdtions are connect from where to my PC.
11. Audible – I use Audible to listen to books.
12. TortoiseSVN – I use TortoiseSVN to download the latest beta version of WordPress. It installs menu choices when you right-click on a folder in Windows Explorer.
Well there’s plenty more tools I use so make sure you subscribe to my blog for future tool reports.